Do you want to learn about local food and support small businesses?
Want to meet a great bunch of people and be part of a wonderful community initiative?
Are you social media savvy and like being creative?
Then Withrow Park Farmers’ Market is the place for you!
Join a small team of social media-savvy people to help us create, develop and execute our social media campaigns. We’re looking for a few volunteers to generate interesting content to share with our social media followers. The content should contain positive and friendly sources of food-based material that will encourage people to cook, enjoy food, visit the farmers’ market, and spark interest in local food experiences. We encourage volunteers to be creative and have fun with your posts, and share your interest and enthusiasm for food! Use different formats and forms of storytelling, such as interviews/Q&A’s for our blog, photography, videography and more.
This position consists of two roles: One role is volunteering from home and the other requires being at the farmers market in person on Saturdays. Volunteers can commit to one or both roles.
From home: Develop content that fits our goals and campaigns
- Curate content and schedule posts to publish on our social media throughout the week
- Define, create and manage digital campaigns on social platforms (i.e. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Generate new stories for our blog
- Develop original content to promote our local farmers and food entrepreneurs
- Suggest creative ways to promote our brand and follow brand strategies
- Additional interesting content to share with our social media followers can include anything from recipes highlighting local foods, gardening advice, tips for shopping at the farmers’ market, environmentally friendly initiatives and more!
- This role is flexible and can be done any day of the week.
At the farmers market: Tweet & Instagram live from Withrow Market on Saturdays
- Share creative photos, videos and updates with our followers of what’s happening at the market.
- Interview vendors and customers to create video content
- Capture delicious food, unique produce and market happenings to entice the community to come visit.
- Repost user generated content that we are tagged in
- Access to your own phone and data (sorry, no wifi at the park)
- Skills in photography, graphic design and/or video editing
- Familiarity with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Firm understanding of the Market’s online brand and tone
- Eager to generate and implement new marketing ideas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a positive and user-focused attitude when interacting with followers through social media platforms
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with a social media scheduling platform is an asset, but training can also be provided.
Time & Commitment
Withrow Park Farmers’ Market operates from June to mid-October. Volunteer must be able to commit to the position for a minimum of 1 month
- From home: Flexible hours, approx. 2-4 hours/week depending on your work pace
- On Saturdays: Approx. 2-4 hours between 8:30am to 12:30pm
How to Apply
Please submit an application here