SHOPPING ON MARKET DAY?
Find out what you need to know before shopping at Withrow Park Farmers’ Market during COVID-19.
- Is the market open for in-person shopping during COVID-19?
- Can I order from vendors online?
- When and where will the farmers’ market be operating?
- Are the markets safe to shop at during COVID-19?
- Do customers have to wear face masks?
- Will capacity at the farmers’ markets be limited to ensure physical distancing is maintained?
- Do I have to wait in line to get into the farmers’ market?
- What forms of payment are being accepted at the market right now?
- Can I come to the market with my friend or family member?
- Can I bring my dog to the market?
- What can I buy at the markets right now?
- Are there hand sanitizing stations at the markets?
- Can I bring my reusable tote bags and produce bags?
Is the market open for in-person shopping during COVID-19?
Yes. Withrow Market returns as an outdoor grocery store. Our farmers’ market is operating as an essential service during the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re open every Saturday from June 5 to October 16, 2021 at Withrow Park for in-person shopping. 9am to 1pm – rain or shine!
Can I order from vendors online?
Yes. Shoppers can pre-order and pay for their weekly groceries ahead of time. Orders will be picked up directly from each vendor that is present.
– Many of our vendors are on Local Line so you can make multiple purchases in one place.
– Some of our vendors are using their own platforms for online orders. Please visit their profiles for more information.
– A few of our vendors are not at the Market physically this year, so customers have to pre-order and pick up at the Market’s entrance. A list of our exclusively online-only vendors can be seen in the chart on our home page. See Online Market FAQs
When and where will the farmers’ market be operating?
We operate in the North/East corner of Withrow Park where Carlaw Ave meets McConnel Ave. Please look for the designated entrance to enter the market. Every Saturday, 9am to 1pm, rain or shine!
Are the markets safe to shop at during COVID-19?
Yes. We are working closely with our municipal partners at the City of Toronto including Toronto Public Health to ensure that physical distancing and other safety measures are in place. Market operations will be monitored and adjusted as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Learn what we’re doing for your safety.
Do customers have to wear face masks?
Yes. Withrow Market requires customers, vendors, staff and volunteers to wear a face mask while inside the market area as an increased measure of safety to reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes individuals that are vaccinated. Withrow Market has free masks available at the entrance for anyone that forgets theirs. Although you might not be able to tell, we promise we all have a smile under there!
If you are mask exempt please contact our Market Manager (email@example.com) in advance so we can make accommodations; such as having all of your pre-orders available for pick-up at the Market’s entrance.
Yes. There is a maximum capacity for our market site, which is 140 people at any given time. Our staff and volunteers will be monitoring capacity at the market entrances and exits throughout each market day to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Customers must use the designated entrance and exit.
Do I have to wait in line to get into the farmers’ market?
Yes. Once we’ve reached capacity we will have to start a lineup for entry into the Market area. We’re all pretty used to line-ups by now, but it can be frustrating when you arrive at your favourite market and find a long one. Rest assured that it’s not as bad as they look! Our team is doing its best to move people through the market as quickly as possible.
What forms of payment are being accepted at the market right now?
All of our vendors accept cash. Many of our vendors now accept credit, debit or e-transfer. To see the payment methods each vendor accepts visit the map and weekly chart on our home page or visit the vendor profiles.
Can I come to the market with my friend or family member?
We ask that you try to shop alone, not in groups and send only one person to the market, whenever possible. Visitors to the Market should come to get the food that they need as quickly as possible so that others may have time to shop too. You can meet your bubbles in the park to enjoy your market goodies after shopping.
Can I bring my dog to the market?
Yes, we love our furry friends! Dogs should be kept on a short leash when in the Market area. Please keep them close and maintain the 1-way flow.
What can I buy at our farmers’ market right now?
An array of fresh and local produce, flowers, baked goods, maple syrup and preserves, meat and cheese, take-home prepared foods and more. See what’s in season.
Are there hand sanitizing stations at the markets?
Yes, hand sanitizer is located near the entrance and exit and many of our vendors have hand sanitizer available at their booths.
Can I bring my reusable tote bags, produce bags and containers?
Yes, but vendors cannot handle them. You must pack all of your products yourself. Please make sure all bags and containers are squeaky clean!
Get early notice of market delights.
Don't miss out. Visit the market before visiting the market. Our weekly Wednesday newsletter will give you advance notice of who and what to expect on the coming Saturday. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Wondering what the emails are like? Browse the archive.